What is a 30's Uke Girl up to these days??

My photo
I’m a lifelong musician, been writing songs since I was 16. And, they got better with time and practice. Everything gets better with practice! As a wise man once said, “Don’t practice till you get it right, practice till you can’t get it wrong!” I love teaching ukulele, and also teaching voice and of course, songwriting. A song is nothing more than a story, and if you sing it as if it were a play, then you are using your voice correctly. If you write it as if it were a play, you engage the listeners. And bonus, if you use an instrument as an extension of your feelings, you can make the song soar. I intend to use this blog for the promotion of my ukulele passion, to introduce performers, review instruments, luthiers, and give links to great UKE websites. I also will keep links to festivals, events, and clubs. My other passion is biographical content, and I’ll be adding many of those, especially about the early artists from the 20s 30s 40s. A lost treasure trove of talent. Hope you enjoy the varied content. It will be eclectic, like me!

Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Interviews to be added to the blog!

Be watching for interviews of TBUS members to be added to the blog.  Am thinking of doing Video interviews with the member playing some songs in between the chatter!  Really excited about this project.  What an archive that will be!

In the meantime, TBUS will be meeting at The Whistlestop Bar & Grill in Safety Harbor the 4th Thursday of the month!  Come on out to Safety Harbor for the Ukulele Jam night and enjoy great food at the Whistlestop!!

No comments:

Post a Comment