What is a 30's Uke Girl up to these days??

My photo
I’m a lifelong musician, been writing songs since I was 16. And, they got better with time and practice. Everything gets better with practice! As a wise man once said, “Don’t practice till you get it right, practice till you can’t get it wrong!” I love teaching ukulele, and also teaching voice and of course, songwriting. A song is nothing more than a story, and if you sing it as if it were a play, then you are using your voice correctly. If you write it as if it were a play, you engage the listeners. And bonus, if you use an instrument as an extension of your feelings, you can make the song soar. I intend to use this blog for the promotion of my ukulele passion, to introduce performers, review instruments, luthiers, and give links to great UKE websites. I also will keep links to festivals, events, and clubs. My other passion is biographical content, and I’ll be adding many of those, especially about the early artists from the 20s 30s 40s. A lost treasure trove of talent. Hope you enjoy the varied content. It will be eclectic, like me!

Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Fred Kelly Freedom Pics

Alaskan Pics
So, I was online looking for the Alaskan Pics, the ones that go under the fingernail, when I happened upon an interesting pic that I will find and try. 



 It is called the Fred Kelly Freedom Pic.  Now, you veterans of guitar and ukulele may already know of this little tyke, but, for those of us who are still knew to the Ukulele and finger picking, I thought this might be a good way to keep my nails in shape. 


Problem, I work in a Doctors office, and can't have long nails on the right hand and shorty nails on the left.  Wouldn't look right!  Right? Right!  So, I thought of the Alaskan Pics, which are quite nice and fit under the nail.  The only issue I have with that pic is that after a short time, my nail aches for days after I use the pic.  

Freedom Pic by Fred Kelly
Solution, The Freedom Pic.  It doesn't go under the nail, and according to the website, you can heat it up with hot water and customize it to your finger shape and size, just like those teeth protector thingies!  Yeah, I use those, pretty picture, I know!  

So, just click on the link above (The Freedom Pic) to go to the website with a video on that page that demonstrates the pic.  I hope it helps some of you out there!  I sure do like finding these cool things!!! 
The Fred Kelly Freedom Pic

Now doesn't that look better? 

No comments:

Post a Comment